Changes in our community have resulted in elderly people living alone without any family nearby. Many elderly are afraid of going out alone in the evening and even visiting our park during daytime. A resent survey made among our elderly population tells about isolation and depression. Health authorities find it very important that efforts are made to give this group of people a social life and contact with other people. We know from research that active aging is increasing the health condition and also the life quality for elderly people. A new project adressing these problems will start soon.
To day we bring an interview with three elderly ladies that seems to enjoy each others company. We found Ms. Schneider, Ms. Rivera and Ms. Kleiber sitting on a bench in the park to day and asked them what they thought about the results from the survey.
Ms Rivera: We three are lucky to know each other. We come here every day at the same time, and if one of us does not turn up we contact her to hear if there is something wrong.
Ms. Kleiber: Yes it is really important to have good friends. I'm a widow and my children is not living in this area anymore. I feel great comfort by knowing that by friends here will contact me if I don't turn up one day.
Ms. Schneider: it is the same situation for me. I don't hear very well and therefor I don't care going to cinema or concerts. It is difficult for me to go to these elderly centres also because I get a headacke when there is too many people talking around me.
The interviewer: So for you three there is no problem coming here to the park.
to continue....
In addition to the interview we need to write some blog posts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment